Youth and Family Coordinator
Fort Dodge, First United Methodist Church
The Youth and Family Coordinator of First United Methodist Church organizes and implements a ministry of Christian Education and fellowship with volunteers, so that youth and families can grow in the faith and come to know the love that God has for them.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a flexible schedule dependent upon the church season. Compensation package ranges from $40,000 - $50,000 with PTO and healthcare or retirement benefits.
Essential functions include:
- Coordinating and leading middle school, high school, and Sunday school programs
- Gives the children’s message during Sunday worship
- Manages and recruits youth and family ministry volunteers
- Communicates and works with children, youth, and their guardians
- Oversees the nursery ministry for church activities
- Leads and coordinates summer vacation bible school with community partners
- Applicant is a person of Christian faith, integrity, and character
- Able to communicate Christian values with clarity and effectiveness
- Associates degree desired, with preference given to applicants with a bachelor’s degree in theology, sociology, education, or related fields.
- Preferred two years experience in church or community services in a leadership position and/or the combination of education and experience in working with youth
Required work dates include:
- Sunday mornings
- Christmas and Advent season
- Easter and Lenten season
If interested, please send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org